Oh hey, today’s my birthday.
Another year older, another year wiser – I’m officially 1/4 of a century, so I’m thinking that’s even more wiser.
25 isn’t necessarily a milestone birthday, unlike 19 (in Canada), 21 (in the US), and 30 (as in how old Adam will be next year ;) ) You can read about how it’s a ‘milestone’ birthday in our family here. Either way, it still feels pretty special.
My 25th year has brought lots of exciting events with it – Graduating last summer, earning my Teaching Certificate for elementary school, travelling to Europe, and moving into our first house together.
25′s already looking good – Adam and I booked a getaway to Vegas at the end of the summer. I celebrated my 21st, 22nd, and 23rd in vegas. No vegas last year because I went to Europe – I felt we were overdue for a visit. Definitely looking forward to the heat, lounging by the pool & walking the strip.
Tonight I’ll be celebrating with Adam – going to dinner somewhere local, then a no holds barred visit to Menchies for a fully loaded frozen yogurt indulgence. Last night we celebrated with family & lots of cake, and next weekend I’ll celebrate with friends at our place. Adam gave me an early present a couple weeks ago, a shiny new Schwinn bike! We’ve only rode them twice, and both times it started to rain. Hmmm..
Most importantly, today I’ll be celebrating with you! Seeing as how it’s my 25th, I thought I would give away some $25 prizes! Four in total – a $100 giveaway! It’s my first giveaway on the blog too.
I’m happy to say that my friends at iHerb have given me two $25 shopping sprees to give away! I wrote about iHerb here. iHerb has over 35,000 products online including groceries, baby products, health products, and beauty products.
Bonus: If you’re a first time iHerb customer you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $10 off your first iHerb order with a minimum $40 purchase (whether you win the giveaway or not.)
AND I purchased a couple items myself to give away.
- A $25 gift certificate to Chapters! You can use it in-store or on-line (they ship to the US, and there is free shipping over orders of $25) They have lots to choose from including home goods, and of course cookbooks (my favourite.)
- A copy of the Wheat Belly Cookbook! The popular book Wheat Belly has come out with a second book – a cookbook with wheat-free recipes. After finding out about my wheat allergy last year, I’ve completely cut it out from my diet. This book is awesome – so I picked up one for me, and one for you!
Enter to win these great prizes and celebrate my 25th birthday with me! Follow the instructions below (this is a Rafflecopter giveaway)
1) Follow @Bakeaholic on Twitter
2) Tweet the following: “Enter the $100 Birthday Giveaway & Contest from @Bakeaholic! ”
3) “Like” the Bakeaholic Facebook page
4) Follow ABakeaholic on Pinterest
5) Leave me a comment on this blog post telling me about a cookbook you’ve bought recently or recommend, or one you would like to buy with the gift certificate! And – what’s your favourite birthday dessert just for fun =)
This is a Rafflecopter giveaway, so each time you enter earns you a point in the raffle. (If for some reason you cannot use the entry method or it’s not working for you, just leave a comment with what you’ve done.) There will be Four winners, one winner per item.
The contest closes at midnight on June 12, and a winner will be announced on the 14th. The contest is open to residence of the Canada and The United States.
The winner of the iHerb Shopping Spree needs to register to iHerb to claim their prize – shipping is included in the shopping spree prize!
Update: The Winners are:
Erin: iHerb Shopping Spree
Britta: iHerb Shopping Spree
Andrea Amy: Chapters Gift Certificate
Coral Ariel S: Wheat Belly Cookbook
Contact me to receive your prize!
a Rafflecopter giveaway