This weekend is Mother’s day – which means you need to show your mom some love, and that might mean taking over the kitchen for the morning. Wake mom up with the smell of a delicious breakfast or brunch. I’ve gathered lots of my recipes that are great for a special occasion, including vegan, wheat-free and dairy-free options for all moms needs.
1. Crepes – Delicious, fill with assorted fruit, and top with warm syrup / fruit (wheat-free, sugar-free, dairy-free)
2. Morning Glory Muffins – perfect for a brunch for mom.
3. Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
4. Sugar-Free Banana Nut Muffins
5. Overnight Oats – great to prepare the night before, so you can bring mom a healthy breakfast first thing in the morning (Vegan-Wheat Free)
6. Spring Eggs and Hash – a sunny, flower-like breakfast for mom to wake up to.
7. Lemon Lavender Blueberry Scones – Great for a breakfast with coffee or tea (wheat-free)
8. Vegan Carrot Cake – amazing, healthier for you and great for a crowd (vegan)
9. Lemon Poppy Seed Sticky Buns - less sweet than a cinnamon bun, a fluffy lemony baked good for breakfast in bed for mom this weekend (dairy-free)
10. Quinoa Waffles - Thick, crisp waffles to make for a crowd (Wheat-Free)
11. Very Berry Smoothie + 3-Ingredient Vegan Pancakes – Make mom glow from the inside out
Easter is this weekend and I thought I’d round up some seasonal recipes that would be good for family dinners and get togethers.
While Easter is associated with ‘chocolate,’ I actually prefer non-chocolate desserts for this holiday. Things like coconut, carrot and lemon flavoured desserts are more fitted for the holiday in my mind.
From the top Clockwise:
Vegan Carrot Cake – amazing, healthier for you and great for a crowd. Serve at an Easter brunch or after dinner dessert
Birds Nest Cupcakes - great for a sweet treat after dinner, yellow cake filled with lemon curd and topped with buttercream and toasted coconut
Morning Glory Muffins – perfect for a simple Easter brunch or breakfast after an egg hunt
Lemon Poppy Seed Sticky Buns - less sweet than a cinnamon bun, a fluffy lemony baked good for breakfast or a snack this weekend
my two valentine’s
This Valentine’s Day was lots of fun – and full of surprises.
As Adam and I usually opt out of gifts/going out to dinner, I was wonderfully surprised when I came home from work on friday.
Adam was home that day so he had time to prepare a few surprises for me – which was fun since usually I’m the one to do something like that.
When I walked into the kitchen friday afternoon I was in awe of the present on the counter – a selection of flours, both gluten-free and regular.
I had joked to Adam before about buying flowers, since I’m allergic to most flowers, that he didn’t have to worry about getting me any. Actually, he never buys me flowers. Just whisks ;) (seriously, i have a large collection)
So, instead of a bouquet of flowers he bought me a bouquet of flours. He certainly knows the way to my
And the cherry on top – dairy-free almond milk ice cream with strawberries.
It was the perfect ‘allergy’ friendly Valentine’s day – no gluten/wheat, dairy or flowers! Definitely awesome – best fiancé ever.
Before dinner (and our annual movie) we went down to get a coffee (for him) & tea (for me) while walking along the beach – it was so gorgeous out!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!