This spring is just flying by! I really cannot believe that it is already May. There are a few big events that I am counting down to, and they’re coming faster than I had thought.
First, it is almost the end of the school year. HOW did that happen? It’s my first year teaching full time, and I know I’m going to really miss my class come June. I think everyone remembers their first class, but mine especially will be missed since I also taught a lot of them in grade 2 during my PDP. It will be bittersweet saying goodbye to them all, and not knowing where I will be teaching next year. I’m hopeful that I’ll get another class before the start of the new school year, but we will have to wait and see where I’m placed.
Second, Adam and I are both counting down the weeks (and days) until we leave for our Honeymoon. Since we were married on September long weekend, we hadn’t planned to go right away for our honeymoon. I wasn’t sure what would happen with work, and didn’t want to plan an extended holiday at the beginning of the new school year. Which worked out, as I got my full time class at the end of October. We’ll be going to Europe for three glorious weeks at the end of June – like, two days after school ends. I’m a bit panicked, as I know it’s going to be a hectic end of the month getting ready for the end of school and packing up my class, as well as packing for the trip – but I’m also incredibly excited. We’re flying into Paris, then going Barcelona, Santorini & Mykonos, then Rome. We’ve planned some fun things to do, and scheduled a lot of relaxation. It’s kind of exciting having the honeymoon a little ways after the wedding, because its something to look forward to and almost continues on the ‘wedding’ phase a little longer. I wonder how long I’m allowed to say we’re ‘newlyweds’ for…. 😉
Another thing that has crept up quickly is Mother’s Day. This weekend we’ll be celebrating with both our families and having brunch at our place (any excuse for me to entertain and bake, really)
One of my absolute new favourites are these raspberry coconut macaroons. I had actually seen a version of them online a while ago and was waiting for a chance to make them. I tweaked the recipe a little, and have made them three times since – they’re good. These would be a great addition to your mother’s day brunch, lunch or dinner dessert menu. They’re simple to make, require little ingredients and prep time, and are allergen-free so moms of all tastes can enjoy them.
Wishing all the mom’s out there a lovely mother’s day weekend – especially my mom – Love you!
- 2 cups packed unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries (thawed in the microwave)
- 3-4 Tbs. honey (can use maple syrup if Vegan)
- 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4-5 squares Dark chocolate
- Combine coconut, raspberries, coconut flour, honey and coconut oil in a food processor.
- Blend until well combined. Refrigerate 15 minutes to chill.
- Use a small/medium sized cookie scoop to form macaroons. Place onto lined cookie sheet, and refrigerate once more while you get the chocolate ready.
- In microwave, heat chocolate in one-minute intervals until almost fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate into pastry bag, or ziplock bag if you don't have one, and snip a tiny bit off the end. Remove macaroons from the fridge, and drizzle chocolate over top. Place back in fridge to set up. Serve chilled.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, if there are some! for up to 3-days, or freeze. Remove 15 minutes prior to serving.