- Planning our wedding (p.s. we got engaged!! post here) – I’ve only bought one wedding book, because well, I couldn’t resist. I’m trying to not go overboard – yet. Pinterest is a wedding planning bonanza. We’ve also looked at a few venues which is super exciting.
- Engagement Party – Our parents are holding an engagement party with close family and friends at the end of the month. It’s the first official celebration and real beginning of our wedding adventure! I am so looking forward to it.
- Adam’s 30th Birthday – Adam’s big 3-0 is at the beginning of March. I’m looking forward to planning a big bash for him to enjoy.
- Learning more about photography – I was super excited to receive a Tripod for Christmas, and I really want to learn more about my cameras possibilities and how to properly use the settings.
- Organization – We’ve lived in the house a year, and boy have we filled it up! 2014 will be the year of organizing, getting rid of excess and sanity ;)
- Blogging – In December I officially began writing as a freelance writer for VancityBuzz – a local Vancouver blog – as a recipe developer. I am so looking forward to continuing to share my recipes and food photography.
- Spending time with friends – I love hosting get togethers and dinners with friends. I bought Adam some games for Christmas so I’m hoping some game nights are in the future.
- Planning a trip away – last year we went to Vegas for a weekend, but I’m hoping maybe this year we can plan a little getaway too.
- Routines – I’m hoping we can get back into a good all around routine – eating healthy, being active, work and life balance.
- Trying out new recipes – 2013 brought about lots of changes in diet due to food allergies. I also tried out vegan recipes. I would love to continue to explore and experiment with new recipes for the blog!
- Read more books – I bought a handful of novels towards the end of 2013 and I’ve read only a couple. I would love to set aside more time for reading – less for technology.
- Turning 26 – I thought turning 25 would be crazy, but I am excited for what 26 brings!
- Spending more time with Family – Spending time over the holidays with both our families was great, I love being with family – especially at your parents because you feel like a kid again. I love family dinners, and spending time with our adorable little niece.
- Being adventurous – who knows what 2014 will hold, but I’m ready to explore all that it’s got!
Are you a Food Blogger / Baker in the Vancouver Area?
Want to meet other bloggers who love to cook & bake too?!??
Join me & other local bloggers for a
Picnic in the Park!
When: July 8- one o’clock PM
Where: Central Park Burnaby – Info and Directions can be found HERE
BYOB: Bring your own Baked Goods to share!
A chance to meet outside the blogosphere/twitter & taste all the delicious food we see on each other’s blogs!
I look forward to meeting some of you who I have met online through our love of food!
Feel free to bring family members, friends, and other lovers of all things food. There are picnic tables, but also bring a blanket, chairs, etc. and hopefully we will have some sunny weather by then!
Looking forward to meeting everyone who loves food and baking as much as I do! I’m planning on getting there early to set up, and hopefully see everyone at 1 pm!
We will be set up near the Lower Pond – beside the Pitch & Putt. The parking lot at this entrance isn’t huge, but there are other parking lots, and you can walk through the park to get to this area as well. Adam and I will be there early to set things up! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
See you Sunday!
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to volunteer for the Heart and Stroke Foundation bake sale held at a local univeristy. I donated my time and baking, along with 150 cupcakes and two loaves of banana bread. I’m incredibly proud to say we raised $600 to go towards research for the foundation. As I mentioned in my post before, the foundation has a special meaning to me and my family. I was more than happy to help out for such a great cause. The girls organizing it were so nice and we had a great day! Thanks to everyone who came by and bought some cupcakes! Especially my mom, aunt and adams mom, and my brothers girlfriend =)
Here are some pictures of the very successful day that I was proud to be a part of.