So i’ve been stuck inside for the past 5 days, studying. It has been absolutely gorgeous outside this past weekend and I haven’t enjoyed any of it. So at exactly 3:30 today, as I walked out of my first exam I decided two things. 1. I feel like baking. 2. Good god I need to go to the gym! Now, some people may think those two things don’t go together, but I think they go just well. I feel like i’ve been cooped up not doing anything & I need to get moving! And, as long as I’m burning all those extra calories, why not eat some cookies while im at it?? So I decided to buy some white chocolate wafers, and use the macadamia nuts we had at home to make cookies! These are really really really good. I don’t love white chocolate, but I like it in these cookies.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Recipe from Joy Of Cooking, 75th Anniversary Edition.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line or grease cookie sheets.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat in a large bowl until light and fluffy, butter and both sugars.
- Beat in one at a time eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Drop by heaping measureing teaspoons 1 1/2 inches apart and bake for 15-18 minutes depending on how large you make them!