So I’m finally back on the mainland, and ready for an extremely exciting weekend. Not only is it Valentine’s Day, which means lots of sweets and baking (or in this case, not) but it is also the opening weekend of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics!
I’m actually more excited than I thought I would be, seeing as how it’s all happening right in our backyard! Hopefully I’ll be able to get downtown and see everything that’s going on!
This valentine’s day there wasn’t much time to bake after I got back home for our reading break, so I thought I would whip up a few things that didn’t take any baking at all!
I hope you all have a sweet valentine’s day =)
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- 1-2 pkg Strawberries
- 1 cup Melting Chocolate (dark or milk)
- 1/2 cup White Melting Chocolate
- 1/2 cup medium shredded coconut (optional)
- Place dark chocolate into a double broiler, and simmer on low. Allow the chocolate to melt completely and transfer to a glass bowl. Allow to cool slightly. ( I always place a glass mixing bowl over the pot, and then transfer the bowl to a hot plate)
- Do the same with the white chocolate. Then pour the white chocolate into a piping bag, and snip off a tiny bit. You can also reserve some white chocolate to dip the strawberries into as well.
- Was the strawberries and dry them completely. You’ll want them slightly cool, to help cool the chocolate faster. Dip them one by one into the melted chocolate and place onto a tray, lined in parchment paper or saran wrap. Once you’ve finished all of them place the tray into the fridge to harden the chocolate. I placed them into the fridge one by one onto the tray so they would cool faster and harden while I made the others.
- You can if you like also dip them/roll them/or sprinkle them with coconut after you have dipped them into the chocolate.
- Once they have set, using the white chocolate piping bag, drizzle the white chocolate over the dark and place back into the fridge.
- Once they have set completely, you can package them up and give them to someone special! Not without trying a couple yourself of course.
You can keep the little container that the strawberries come in as well, they make a cute little box to deliver your sweets in!
Have a very sweet valentines!