This past weekend, I’ve had the house to myself, and it’s been very nice! Just me and Lainey. My mom’s off in the Domincan Republic! Lucky bum! And, not only that, shegets home Wednesday night, her birthday! So I’ve already picked out a cake to bake for her! Which will be waiting for her when she gets home. Eating cake at 1 am isn’t bad..is it? I didn’t think so. You’ll have to wait and see what it is!
But, in the meantime I decided I needed something to hold me over. Before making these, I was contemplating whether or not I wanted to make blondiesor brownies. So I decided to make two-in-one brownies! That way, I could enjoy both! I’ve never actually made just blondies, but im sure they would be good on their own. You can keep the recipe as is for blondies, if you’re having a blonde moment. Or, you can split the batter in two and keep one blonde, and one dark! I got the recipe for the blondies from here, and then added my own substitutions and created a chocolate brownie recipe from it as well.
I already promised some to my neighbour, for fixing the fence. I hope they make it to him. . . Enjoy!
Blondie & Chocolate Marbled Brownies
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, or chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( i used walnut & cashews )
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan or line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and brown sugar. Then add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients and then add them to the brown sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan. Batter will be thick!
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- After mixing in dry ingredients, seperate half of the batter into another bowl. Stir into one, the chocolate chips and some of the nuts.
- While still in the mixer, mix the other half of the batter with 1/4 cup cocoa. You can also add about 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips, to make them even more chocolatey! (i did!)