It’s the first weekend of December, and the holidays are beginning!
Thinking forward to Christmas morning, these Vegan Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles would be perfect for breakfast.
The aroma of gingerbread spices fills the air, topped with a light dusting of icing-sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
Gingerbread is one of my favourite holiday flavours to play around with. When I was thinking about what to make for a new waffle recipe, I decided I needed to create something a little spicy – like ginger. When I was younger, I loved making gingerbread cookies. But now, as an adult I can appreciate the other ginger-laced goodies.
When Earth’s Own Almond Milk asked if I wanted to try their Almond Milk, I of course said yes. To be honest, It’s the one I use regularly already! I love that it’s Canadian, and using Almond Milk in recipes is an easy swap. I haven’t had ‘real’ milk in over 6 years! After learning about my dairy intolerances.
These waffles come together quickly and easily. You probably already have everything on hand for them!
Add waffles to your Christmas morning recipes – they’re sure to be a hit with everyone! Bonus, they’re gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 1/2 cups of Earth's Own Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron according to directions.
- Using hand held blender, blend almond milk, coconut oil, banana, molasses together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger and cinnamon together in separate bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated.
- Use 1/2 cup of batter at a time, ladle onto waffle maker.
- Close waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
- Top with icing sugar, and pure maple syrup.
Thanks to Earth’s Own So Fresh Almond Milk for sending me their product!