It’s the last weekend before Christmas!!
How did this happen?? I hope you all have your act together – unlike me. I admit to beginning my holiday shopping this past Wednesday. Oops. It somehow got away from me this year. Usually I’m all over it, and even have time to order things online. Now, I fear that anything ordered online will arrive post-Christmas. Another oops.
Thankfully, I’ve been able to find a few perfect gifts so far, and even delivered one already. I think that makes up for the lateness of my shopping.
If only I was as prepared as I was with my holiday baking.
I like to start early so I can freeze it and take it out when needed. That way, it’s ready for all the holiday get-togethers, and last-minute get-togethers. I also tend to over-bake. As in, when the holidays are over I somehow still have a TON of leftover holiday baking in the freezer. I’m pretty sure Adam took out a tin of cookies from last year.. another oops.
These Vegan Gingersnaps are so easy to make, and freeze well – just, maybe not for a year.
It’s also SNOWING again. I’m secretly hoping it sticks around for us to have a white christmas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup blackstrap or fancy molasses
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raw cane sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix well.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour raw sugar into a small bowl for rolling.
- Scoop cookie dough by the heaping tablespoon and roll into balls. Roll dough in raw sugar. Gently press each dough ball to flatten slightly. Place cookies on cookie sheet with parchment or baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are cracked, puffy, and the edges appear cooked. Cool on a cooling rack.