To continue my ‘foods that go together naturally’ for Valentine’s Day theme I made some crisp, lightly spiced Vegan Wheat Free Graham Crackers to go with my Peanut Butter Marshmallows. Because, Marshmallows and Graham Crackers go together naturally – they’re just better together.
I made this same recipe last year for Valentine’s Day (Marshmallows + Graham Crackers) only this time I used Oh She Glow’s Vegan and Wheat Free Graham Cracker recipe. The crackers are so good. So good in fact I had a few for dessert last night on their own, and a couple with breakfast today.
They’re a perfect snack food, or you can incorporate them into an after dinner dessert. They would be great to share with a Valentine – wrap them up with a big fluffy marshmallow, a few squares of chocolate and two crackers for S’more Love.
- 3 tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Molasses
- 4 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 3/4 cup Quinoa Flour
- 1 + 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, processed into a flour
- 5 tablespoons Brown Rice Flour or Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor and process until fine flour forms.
- Add the rest of the Dry ingredients to the food processor and process for 30 seconds.
- Add the wet mixture to the food processor and pulse until dough begins to form.
- Form the dough into 2-3 balls and place one at a time on a lightly floured non-stick mat. Lightly flour a rolling pin (if necessary) and begin rolling out the dough until you have a rectangle that is about 1/8 inch thick. The dough will crack a bit, but continue working with it until it forms together.
- Use a rectangular/square cookie cutter to cut the graham crackers. A pizza slicer will also work. Carefully transfer to prepared baking pan (I just removed the scraps and used the sheet I had rolled them out onto to bake them on)
- Poke each cracker with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then remove from oven and carefully flip each cracker over. Return to the oven for 6 minutes longer, until golden. Allow to cool for a minute before transferring to cooling rack.