Although, Adam actually doesn’t like peanut butter. So I guess I’m the peanut butter, and he’s the jelly. Specifically raspberry jelly.
With Valentine’s day coming up I thought about all of my favourite ingredients that seem to go together naturally. Peanut butter and jam (or jelly) definitely popped into my mind. A natural pair, or duo. They compliment each other with a little sweet and salty. An original couple.
Seeing as how Valentine’s Day is about couples I wanted to create some recipes that were great for sharing. These made huge chocolate cups, so half of one would be enough – although I did eat an entire one to myself (hello stomachache).
They’re simple to make, and store easily. You could even bundle them up in a to-go package to spread the love.
I was going to use regular Jam, but Adam assured me Jelly was different (because there aren’t any seeds.) Seeing as how I didn’t have jelly I decided to improvise. To make jelly simply warm up regular jam then push it through a mesh sieve, the seeds will be removed and you’ll have smooth jelly. Easy.
- 6-8 Squares Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. Raspberry Jam
- 3 Tbs. Natural Peanut Butter
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners (makes 4 large cups, or 6 mini cups)
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in top of double boiler and stir until melted.
- Microwave raspberry jam for 30-45 seconds until smooth and runny. Push through a sieve to remove any seeds. Set aside.
- Using a small spoon pour melted chocolate into bottom of paper liners, place in fridge or freezer to harden 2-3 minutes. Remove.
- Spoon dollop of peanut butter on top, then the raspberry jelly.
- Spoon rest of melted chocolate on top to cover, place back into fridge/freezer to harden.
- Store in fridge.