First off I have to apologize for my long absence! It’s been a crazy March so far. But I had such a craving to bake that I went out and bought a new pan just for this cake! I had wanted to make zucchini bread initially, and growing up my Nonna always made the best. I had her recipe written down somewhere and couldn’t find it! So I decided to improvise and create something a little different. My mom’s been out of town this weekend, so this morning when I told my brother I was going to make zucchini bread, he asked if I could make banana bread instead. So I thought I would compromise, being the nice sister I am. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try. It’s super moist and I love the colors that come out of the combo of zucchini&banana. This is really yummy and I even got to use my brand new attachment! I had gotten it from Koko, back in June for my birthday and hadn’t tried it! I think I was scared, its the shredder and grater attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixer, and it’s so easy and works great!! Especially for zucchini bread or carrot cake when you have to shred lots! So if you have one, try it out on this recipe! It’s delish.
ps. I realize my cake is broken, or should I say “wrecked”. Needless to say one part of the cake got a wee bit stuck, but hey, perfection isn’t everything. It’s how it tastes!
Zucchini & Banana Bundt Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup aw zucchini, shredded ( about 3 small )
- 1 cup mashed banana ( about 2 )
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, if desired.
- Shred zucchini and set aside. Mash bananas and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, and sugar.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pecans. Thoroughly combine.
- Add zucchini and bananas until well blended.
- Pour into greased and flowered bundt pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.